31.5.07

ant-smell-fever

a couple years ago my aunt M--- told me that her most loathed smell is crushed-ant-aroma. i thought she was crazy, but then i smashed an ant between thumb and forefinger and sniffed....
ever since then i am plagued by the curiosity if that ant will smell when i crush her/him. alas, some ants' innards do not carry the toxic scent of ant-death, some just smell like dirt.
yesterday, while lunching in the back of a work-truck, i saw an ant crawl by so reached out and smashed it. D---, S---, and S--- gave me shit about it, claiming i had a fixation for smells or something. unfortunately these ants were dirt-scented. but today i received a call around lunch time and it was S---, he excitedly told me that he killed an ant and smelled it's guts to discover that it smelled of epoxy (i guess it smells differently to everyone).
so, now that you know, i pass on the ant-smell-fever that leads us to kill an ant and waft its guts up to our faces just in case it smells like tangy-chemicals. i know that you are questioning my sanity right now, which is fine. but, let me warn you, you will always be curious when you see an ant crawling by. so, i challenge you: squish it, smell it, and then tell me who's crazy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, update your blog!

17.8.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home