28.5.07

weekend disasters

yesterday i went over to a co-worker's house for a little bbq party. little did i know that minor disasters would follow me all day.
minor disaster 1......i was really excited to go this party because i was alone in the house all weekend. so, i was a little giddy when my ride pulled up to the house. i sort of jogged out to the truck, wine bottle in hand, and somehow missed the curb and ate it, big time. i scraped my toe against the sidewalk, my shin against something, and my knee too. so, driving to the party i was trying not to pay too much attention to my bleeding shin, my torn toenail, or my scraped knee. it was pretty embarrassing considering that i've been very careful and uninjured during my first week on the construction sites, navigating inside dumpsters, using chop saws, etc. but, i hurt myself getting into a truck. smooth.
minor disaster 2......once arrived at the party i was tending my wound when bella, the newly adopted dog sidled up to me. i thought she was coming to say hello so i started rubbing her head. oh, how i was wrong. next thing i know she's trying to bite my face off. sweet. it totally freaked me out, but i tried to stay calm by concentrating on sipping my g & t. fortunately, she didn't break the skin, but pretty freakin' close. only one tooth left a mark--a small reddish bruise one inch above my lip.
if you know me, you'll know that i try to act tough most of the time, so in neither of these situations could i act as affected as i actually was. oh, the effort to carry such a burden.
so, when i go back to work on tuesday i will have marks to prove that i lived it up this memorial day weekend.
cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home